Monday, January 14, 2008

Somedays, I Love the NFL

By Pauly
Melbourne, Australia

I went 4-0 in the NFL playoff games this weekend. I woke up early to watch the Giants-Cowgirls game, which came on Monday mornign here in Asutralia. I had picked the Giants with the money line and with the points. Both ended up hitting for a nice score. I basically won enough money to pay for my trip to New Zealand at the end of the month. Because of that, I told myself that I would not bet on any more games and just book the win.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'll bet the games, but not too much, just a small taste. Plus, Schecky and I are still betting on random NBA games.

Man, I can't stop thinking how much I would have cleared if I didn't cap my betting limits. Of course, you can't think about what ifs and things beyond your control.

Sadly, I'm getting my ass kicked in the stock market, ever since I flew down to Australia. It's fucked up when you think that "safe gambling" like the stock market would be less profitable than degenerate betting on sports.

The main event of the Aussie Millions started today. We're almost at the dinner break. I have basically 6.5 more days of work left then I get roughly four months off. I'm trying to stay focused and in the moment. It's tough of course, since I keep talking to friends and co-workers about what I should see in Queenstown, NZ.

I have been getting addicted to lamb samosas. They sell them for $2.50 at the Indian joint in the food court. Best value there. I love getting them for a quick snack, which hits the spot.

Speaking of food, the Aussie I work with love my food gallery on Flickr. They found it entertaining and fascinating. I will be updating it shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment