Friday, November 04, 2005

First Rejection

I have not even finished my Las Vegas book and it's already been rejected by one publisher. The term they used was that my project was put on hold. This company recently published another poker related book. Until they can determine the financial success of poker themed books, they are not going to publish any more. So what that means is unless people start buying that other fuckin' book, they ain't gonna publish mine. The person in acquisitions supposedly presented the book to the head honcho publisher and that person really liked it. I dunno if that's bullshit or not, but that's the highest any of my manuscripts or screenplays have ever gotten. Some would say that's a small vitory or a moral victory. But the great Coach Bill Parcells put it best, "There are no moral victories. You either win or you lose."

I lost this round.

Back to square one. I'll start submitting it to new publishing companies on Monday. In the meantime, I better get back to finishing the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment