Monday, February 14, 2005

A Scribe's Weekend



Another article written by your favorite blogger was published yesterday, a book review on Internet Texas Hold'em by Matthew Hilger. I submitted that on Saturday. Nothing is cooler than waking up and being notified that you have a wire transfer waiting in your account. The webmaster at Professional-poker.com might be one of the best bosses I ever had. He's cool, gives me plenty of artistic freedom, and most importantly... he pays me right away.

For the first time in years, I have finally caught up on all of my email. I read everything (I had over 250 at one point to sort through earlier this month) and as of now, I only have four messages in all of my inboxes. Two of them are saved information on future flights for me on Jet Blue. I read every article and visited every website that every one thought could be blogworthy. Thanks to everyone who sends stuff, that's very kind of you all. I can't blog everything but I appreciate the gesture.

I completed all the edits for the February issue of Truckin'. I'll be posting the new issue in the next 60 hours. This one looks great. And I'm particularly pleased that I'm no longer waiting until the last day of the month to publish each issue.

I woke up early on Sunday and gutted out the third draft of Gumbo. It is finally complete. I am looking forward to blocking out a few hours and sitting down to read it from cover to cover. And then I'll never have to look at it again!

Freelance articles, email, my literary blogzine, and correcting the last draft of a novel... not a bad weekend. Ah, and I also penned a Valentine's Day poem, which I'm sure will get me bonus points. I also read the first 200 pages of Super System 2.

This week, I expect to crank out two more pieces before I take off to Miami on Thursday.

BG poked fun of me when I told him I made up an actual daily schedule. I have been doing my best to stick through it. Last week ended smoothly because I knew what I should be doing at all times instead of having that funny feeling that "I should be doing something important." Yeah it's the middle of February and I'm finally caught up on most of my online life.

No comments:

Post a Comment