Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Week 9: Pauly-BG Gamble-a-thon... All Star Game

Well it's that time of week again. Boy Genius decided to make use of the MLB All Star Game for our weekly prop bet. Here's the propositions:
1) Runs+Hits+Errors, AL+NL +/- 29.5
2) Home Runs, AL+NL +/- 2.5
3) First Five Innings O/U 4.5 runs combined
4) Total Hits, AL+NL +/- 19.5
5) Total Strikeouts, AL+NL +/- 16.5
6) Team to score first
7) Team to score last
8) Team to hit more home runs
9) Team to have more base hits
10) League to hit first home run
The goal is for each of us to pick any five. Whoever has the most correct bets wins this round. And here are BG's picks:
1) AL+NL HR OVER 2.5
2) Total Strikeouts, AL+NL UNDER 16.5
3) Team to score first - NL
4) Team to have more hits - AL
5) Team to score last - NL
And of course... my picks:
1) Home Runs - OVER
2) First Five Innings O/U 4.5 runs - OVER
3) Total Strikeouts, AL+NL +/- 16.5 - UNDER
4) Team to hit more home runs - AL
5) Team to have more base hits - AL
What can I say? I'm a Yankees fan and I knew Clemens was going to get rocked in the first inning! I think I got this one locked up and lead the series 5-4. I have some good ideas about Week 10... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment