Saturday, July 10, 2004

Fantasy Pauly
"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his moccasins." - American Indian Proverb
Some of you have wondered what it would be like to be me for a day, even though everyone knows that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Well, you finally have your chance to be me, the poker player, for a day. Well, er... for a few moments.

Now, here's an actual hand that I got on Party Poker yesterday playing in a $25 NL ring game. I just sat down at the table a few minutes before this hand in question. I had no idea what type of players I was up against.



Now, you have to imagine the following said by Shana Hiatt (like in those snippets the WPT cuts to before they break to/return from a commercial):
You're Dr. Pauly in the little blind and you see your favorite hand, the Hilton Sisters (a pair of Queens). Mr. X raises under the gun doubling the big blind. You re-raised to 8x BB and Mr. X just calls. The flop is (Jh 6d 7d). You bet the pot (1/3 of your stack) and Mr. X (his stack is 2x your stack) comes over the top and pushes his stack all-in. You're Dr. Pauly, what do you do?
I'll tell you went went through my head, what I did, and the outcome on Sunday. Those damn Hilton Sisters... the life of Pauly isn't all shits and giggles some nights.

I posted this originally to the Tao of Poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment