Friday, June 25, 2004

Holy Rollers, Batman! Deer Creek, Phishy City

Quick greetings from Chicago. Deer Creek was simply amazing. I wish I could see every Phish show there!! I wish I went to Alpine Valley to see the last two Phish shows on this leg of their summer tour. Alas, I'm kicking it with Bob in Chi-town until tomorrow. Both the Joker and Alea called me from Wisonsin. The boys busted out Roses Are Free. D'oh!!

Anyway, I had been on the road since Monday. Spent time in Broad Ripple, Indianapolis before we camped out in Deer Creek, which is one of my favorite venues to see Phish play. We camped out on site. The Joker sold Bloody Mary's in Shakedown. We hung out with a couple of Michigan girls who camped next to us. Met heads from all over. I bumped into Maggie again. I didn't make any money with my sign: Ask me any question for $1

The coolest part of Deer Creek was meeting some new firneds and some old. I finally found Alea and some of her friends from Wisconsin. Yeah, Wisconsin girls know how to party. I have bruises as proof. Zobo showed up as well and we hung out late last night. I also met two readers of my sites. Lori is a cute law student from Kentucky and a fathful reader of the Tao of Pauly. I met up with her at setbreak the first night. Then I met up with Daddy (I forgot his addy to his poker blog) a fellow poker blogger and Phishead. We hung out during setbreak last night.

It's always a pleasure to meet fans of my blogs!

So what did Phish play?
6.23.04 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Deer Creek, IN

Set I: Llama, Bouncing Around the Room, Bathtub Gin, Ya Mar, Pebbles and Marbles, Army of One, Split Open and Melt

Set II: Halley's Comet > Crosseyed and Painless, Slave to the Traffic Light, Nothing > 46 Days > Scents and Subtle Sounds > Brian and Robert, Limb By Limb, Cavern

Encore: Waste
The highlights were Gin and Split Open & Melt. The first three songs of set 2 were amazing. I got my Deer Creek Slave. It's always a special night when your favorite band plays your favorite song. Halley's > Crosseyed & Painless was a hot way to open a set. Too bad they cheesed out with a Waste encore.
6.24.04 Verizon Wireless Music Center, Deer Creek, IN

Set I: Loving Cup, Cities, Back On The Train, Vultures, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Down With Disease > Rock and Roll

Set II: Tube, Antelope, The Wedge, Timber Ho, Prince Caspian > Simple, Walls of the Cave

Encore: The Squirming Coil
Holy apetits, batman! We had good seats rigth behind the taper's section. Last night was the hottest show of the run. I knew it was going to be a magical night when the boys opened up with Loving Cup. Cities was short and sweet. DWD > Rock and Roll was one of the best first set closing segues in recent memory. I was lit up like a dozen Christmas trees all night. I was twenty miles past Shittysville. I was having the time of my life.

Tube openr of Set 2 kicked my ass. I was waiting all tour for Tube... and I got it!! The boys broke out the funk. The Wedge made me happy and fuzzy inside. The crowd went apeshit during Antelope. Rest of the set was 100% pure smoke. Yeah, it was one of the best shows I had ever seen. More serious commentary to come. But I finished a tour with the Joker, one of the best tours to date. I met his friends from Dallas including Dough Boy, Meredith, and Corey. And I met two fans... Lori from Kentucky and Daddy from Indiana.

OK, I'm in Chicago for one more night. Time to hit the bars with Bob and meet nice Midwestern gals. I think I've had my fill of strippers and half naked, tripping college girls. Ah, who am I kidding? I meet Boy Genius tomorrow on my way into Michigan. Time to break my poker fast.

Until then,
Dr. Pauly

No comments:

Post a Comment